To all the bedroom nymphs...


There's too many boys in my life at the moment. Moved to a new city to live in a house with four boys and most of my friends here are boys at the moment. Which for me is strange. I'm a girls girl. Always have been. I just prefer the sisterhood, I understand the sisterhood, I laugh and dance and sing with the sisterhood. So, in honour of said sisterhood I've dedicated a wall in my what used to be a very masculine bedroom to the ladies. I painted myself some bedroom nymph friends and will continue adding to this wall. Because, one day when I grow up and own my own bathroom its going to be in a decadent cave and have columns and statues of nude nymphs and paintings of women with just one unruly breast out of some loose, flowing ancient garment...and a swimming pool.. but until that day I'll just have to make do with nymph wall and add to it as I go. Ill keep you updated on the progress of my bedroom nymphs.

The mirror nymph is my faceless version of "Goldfish" by Klimt. One of my favourite nudes in history. I can't for the life of me draw her expression. I can draw a face but I think her cheeky bare bottomed expression is very important. An expression I just can't capture. The smaller canvas, which is barely visible is my party nymph. By Jack Vettriano, she's a gorgeous, dark skinned lovely, strewn on a couch after what can only be imagined as an amazing night, because just wearing the dress she has on would make any night amazing. And that is my professional Costumier's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment